General Meeting: 1 to 3 pm, 4th Tuesday
For the duration of the virus lockdown in California, all in-person meeitngs are being conducted uising Zoom.
And more German culture ...
SGGS' monthly general meeting consists of a lecture by a knowledgable genealogist, either a local or nationally known speaker. The topic is usually a German genealogy research technique. Sometimes the program consists of a German history or cultural performance.
These monthly meetings are free to SGGS members and guests. Visitors are welcome, although we ask that regular non-member attendees join the Society, as our primary income is membership dues. SGGS’ cost of providing these exceptional programs is significant, especially for our out-of-town speakers (travel and lodging costs).
United Methodist Church
2391 St. Marks Way
Sacramento, Ca 95864
Parking is free. Park in either the church's lot or along the street.
|The meeting takes place in MacMurdo Hall located at the basement level under the chapel. It is accessible by stairs or elevator. Click on the simplified map & facility layout link for location of the entrance (above right). The women's rest room is located to the right of the stage. The men's rest room is near the elevator. There is also a single-user rest room on the upper level.
Be sure to arrive by 12:30 p.m. so you will have time for following pre-meeting activities.
- browsing German genealogy related books, maps, tools and t-shirts for sale
- checking indexed pedigree charts submitted by members
- consulting the SGGS library books (catalog is on the Reference Library page in the members-only section)
- reading and picking up any of the announcements and newsletters on the free items table
- asking questions of experienced researchers and possibily the speaker
Since SGGS is an all volunteer ogranization, the availability of the above activities is dependant on such being present.
SGGS meetings are not held during the following months:
- Month when the annual seminar or Spring workshop takes place (typically April)
- November (due to the Thanksgiving holiday)
- December (due to the Christmas holiday)
Credit and Debit Card Payments
Accepted at Meetings & Events
Beginning in 2015, SGGS began accepting credit and debit card charges at its meetings and events. Use of this service is free to the customer. This payment system can be used for merchandise, memberships and event registration.
Please note that SGGS cannot guarantee that this service will be available at any particular meeting or event since such is dependent on volunteers being present and their equipment being in working order. Not all credit and debit cards are accepted by Square. Click here for a list of cards accepted by Square.
|Magnetic strip reader that connects to a smart-phone or tablet.